Welcome to Centrepoint Psychotherapy
Are you ready to break free from self doubt, procrastination, and paralysis, and live your life to the fullest?
Are you burnt out from putting excessive pressure on yourself to perform and please others?
Have you tried traditional talk therapy and found it ineffective to defeat self destructive cycles that hold your love for yourself and others hostage?
Life is unpredictable, and painful experiences can hit us without warning.
Whether you’ve been blindsided by a recent event, or want help to get out of a long term rut, you need a skilled, compassionate Therapist on your side.
We can help you make sense of where you are, how you got here, and where you want to go.
- a warm, non-judgemental space where you will feel deeply seen and understood.
- effective treatment to relieve anxiety and depression, and restore your confidence and motivation
- help to navigate issues that threaten your relationships
- compassion and clarity on how your history has shaped the patterns you want to change
- a powerful, collaborative partnership for positive change!
We would be honoured to walk with you on your healing journey!
Book an Initial 15 Min Telephone Consultation
Feel free to contact me for a free 15 minute phone consultation. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have, and discuss different treatment options that are available to you.
I am privileged to live, work, and play on the unceded territories of the traditional and ancestral Coast Salish homelands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), Stó:lō, and sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations, colonially known as Vancouver, BC, Canada. I aspire to honour traditional ways of living and engage in self education, humility, and connecting with people and place.
We provide effective treatment and meaningful change in many areas, such as:
- Relationship Issues
- Unresolved Trauma
- Couples Therapy
- Social Anxiety/Phobia
- Overwhelming Emotions
- Self Sabotaging Patterns
- Healthy boundaries and Communication
- Addictive Behaviour
- Anger Problems
- Lack of Emotional/Sexual Intimacy
- Parenting Challenges
Our holistic approach is customized to your needs, and integrates techniques from evidence-based therapies, such as:
- Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP)
- Intensive Short Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP)
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness & Self Compassion Training
- Emotion Focused Therapy for Couples (EFT)
- Psychobiological Approach to Couples Therapy (PACT)
- Attachment-Focused Therapy
From The Blog
“It’s not your fault”. These are the words that people with depression don’t hear often enough. Depression is not an emotion but a fortress that traps a person body, mind, and soul. Well meaning friends and loved ones’ efforts to offer solutions are often futile....
My client, Betty, was told that she has treatment resistant depression, bipolar 2, and borderline personality traits. She started each new type of therapy or program believing that it was the magic bullet. This would inevitably result in disappointment. Psychiatrist...
John, my client, is weeping. Sobs grip his body. The sound of them, and his posture, tell me that John is dissociated from his present moment self - a 55 year old man, and successful real estate agent who is years ahead of the trauma he lived through. John,” I say,...
We don’t have to conform with an image of beauty that is artificial, and beyond our reach. Many people are tormented by toxic beliefs about the unworthiness of their body. Negative body image can perpetuate an unhealthy relationship with food, or in more extreme cases...
The kindness revolution is about fostering connection in a culture where aversion, disinterest and suspicion are the norm. Taking a risk - pulling away from our devices, and pushing through the fog of isolation is a first step. As you ride the bus, walk in the...
Being emotionally available for our kids is the foundation of secure attachment, and the key to healthy, confident, and thriving kids. When children feel vulnerable, sad, or distressed, they need us to comfort and soothe them so they learn to do so for themselves....